Work of Secretariat of Catholic Education
- To support evangelization and faith formation in Catholic education, offering assistance to bishops in this area, and collaborating with dioceses, national organizations and federal and state governments.
- To encourage implementation of Church documents on education, especially most recent pastoral of U.S. bishops.
- To provide information on strengthening and sustaining Catholic Pre-K through 12 schools.
- To develop/disseminate guidelines, best practices, and resources for use by bishops in their own dioceses.
- To strengthen the Catholic identity of Catholic educational institutions.
- To strengthen campus ministry as a source of faith formation.
- To collaborate with staff of Evangelization and Catechesis about catechesis and evangelization in Catholic elementary, secondary, and higher educational institutions.
- To promote advocacy on public policy issues that affect Catholic educational institutions.
- To maximize the participation of students and teachers in Catholic schools in federal education programs.