December 09, 2002 Copyright © by United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Jerusalem, take off your robe of mourning and misery; put on the splendor of glory from God forever:
- Wrapped in the cloak of justice from God, bear on your head the mitre that displays the glory of the eternal name.
- For God will show all the earth your splendor:
- you will be named by God forever the peace of justice, the glory of God's worship.
- Up, Jerusalem! stand upon the heights; look to the east and see your children Gathered from the east and the west at the word of the Holy One, rejoicing that they are remembered by God.
- Led away on foot by their enemies they left you: but God will bring them back to you borne aloft in glory as on royal thrones.
- For God has commanded that every lofty mountain be made low, And that the age-old depths and gorges be filled to level ground, that Israel may advance secure in the glory of God.
- The forests and every fragrant kind of tree have overshadowed Israel at God's command;
- For God is leading Israel in joy by the light of his glory, with his mercy and justice for company.
Table of Contents Previous Chapter Next Chapter
New American Bible Copyright © 1991, 1986, 1970 Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, Inc., Washington, DC. All rights reserved. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital, without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
USCCB Home Page New American Bible Home Page
New American Bible
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
3211 4th Street, N.E., Washington, DC 20017-1194 (202) 541-3000