- End the Roe Litmus Test, by Maureen Bailey, Esq., Life Issues Forum, December 28, 2005
- It's Time to End the Roe v. Wade Litmus Test, by Susan E. Wills, Esq., Life Issues Forum, September 9, 2005
EndRoe.org allows visitors to e-mail their two U.S. Senators urging them not to require support for Roe v. Wade as a condition for determining a nominee's fitness for judicial office.
- Cardinal Keeler Urges Senate to Reject Pro-Abortion Test for Judicial Nominees
Press release of January 6, 2005
- "In any event, when senators oppose a judicial appointment because of the nominee's opposition to Roe, they not only endorse but make a litmus test out of one of the most intellectually suspect constitutional decisions of the modern era. They practically require that the judicial nominee sign on to logic that is, at best, questionable, and at worst, disingenuous and results-oriented. In doing so, they select not for faithful, but for unfaithful, constitutional interpreters to people the federal judiciary.
"This is a strategy with baleful long-term consequences. The standard critique of liberal judges trumpets their willingness to substitute personal preference for legal analysis – and Roe is universally featured as Exhibit A."
Edward Lazarus, "The Lingering Problems with Roe v. Wade", FindLaws's Writ, Oct. 3, 2002
- Roe v. Wade: No Test for a Judge
by Susan Wills Esq., Life Issues Forum, January 14, 2005