"Because the Black family has been affected physically, psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually by racism and social injustices, and is being damaged even further by the trauma of abortion, there is an urgent need to offer forgiveness and healing to all those involved in an abortion decision."
- Bishop Martin D. Holley, "A Reflection on the African American Family and the Culture of Life," Respect Life Program (2008)
Please check back soon!
- A Reflection on the African American Family and the Culture of Life,
by Most Reverend Martin D. Holley, 2008
Long Version (En Español)
Pamphlet (En Español)
- Abortion, Non-Violence and the Black Community, by Deirdre A. McQuade, Life Issues Forum, June 16, 2006
- Statements on Life Issues from African American Bishops
- Bishop Holley Calls on Black Community to Overcome Abortion, October 15, 2008
- On Abortion and the African American Family, October 15, 2008
"Catholic Radio Weekly" Interview, Bishop Martin Holley, Oct. 31, 2008
Please see the National Black Catholic Apostolate for Life for more information.
Please see the Society of St. Joseph Pro-Life Committee for more information.
Please see the USCCB Subcommittee on African American Affairs website for more information.